Balsam Fir is derived from the Latin scientific name “Abies”— meaning “fir trees”—and “balsamea”—meaning “balsam-like.”
Its uplifting fragrance is known for helping individuals overcome winter blues and encouraging feelings of satisfaction and delight.
The best time to harvest Balsam Fir is during colder months, when the needles of this majestic tree contain the highest amount of rich oil.
Balsam Fir oil has been used for hundreds of years, both ritualistically and as an external treatment, to soothe occasional cuts, bruises and skin irritations.
It was also consumed internally to promote normal respiratory function. Balsam Fir oil is used extensively to soothe sore areas by increasing circulation.
Its wintery aroma eases stress and tension naturally and effectively. Balsam Fir grounds the body and empowers the mind by aligning the sacral and heart chakras, balancing emotions, and improving one’s mood.
- Provides respiratory and intestinal support
- Helps to relieve stress and ground the mind and body
- Cleanses the air while uplifting the mind, body, and spirit
- Soothes sore muscles and promotes normal respiratory function
- Aids with skin irritations
- Works well with Orange, Tangerine, Cinnamon, and Clove Améo Essential Oils to create a wintery, holiday scent
Diffuse Balsam Fir oil in an Améo diffuser for respiratory and intestinal support
• Rub 1-2 drops of Balsam Fir oil in palms and inhale to relieve stress and ground the mind and body
• Deeply massage a few drops of Balsam Fir oil—diluted to 50% with Améo Fractionated Coconut Oil—into sore areas
• Diffuse Balsam Fir oil with Spruce oil in an Améo diffuser to cleanse the air and uplift mind, body and spirit, especially during the colder and darker winter months
• Place 3-4 drops of Balsam Fir oil in a warm bath to sooth muscles and promote normal respiratory, circulatory, and immune system function
• Apply a few drops of Balsam Fir oil—diluted to 50% with Améo Fractionated Coconut Oil—to occasional skin irritations
• Rub 2-3 drops of Balsam Fir oil in palms and inhale deeply to open airways and promote normal respiratory function
• Add a few drops of Balsam Fir oil to Daily Tea, hot water, or an Améo Veggie Cap—diluted with Améo Fractionated Coconut Oil—and consume to promote normal respiratory function.
• Combine Balsam Fir oil with Orange or Tangerine oil and Cinnamon or Clove oil in an Améo diffuser for a wintery holiday scent